Friday, September 25, 2009

Four hours to go....

We are in Philadelphia, having finished staging, learned that we cannot date spies and that we cannot post the locations of other volunteers on our blogs. Apparently Peace Corps is full of state secrets. In a little less than 4 hours we will be leaving the hotel on a bus, traveling a few hours north to JFK airport in New York, and finally taking off for Lilongwe (via Johannesburg). It is very strange that this is happening at all, much less in the middle of the night. Luckily everyone in our group of 21 seems pretty flexible so hopefully it will all go well.

I probably won't be able to post for another 3 months after tonight, but when I do, I can promise lots of information about training and all that stuff. Write me a letter!

2 comments:

  1. Letter sent! I hope you've safely arrived by now! My thoughts and prayers are with you Meggo! XOOXOX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog Meg. I hope a really great post is brewing in you right now. The peace corps sounds like a great experience.
    -Brad

    ReplyDelete